Sunday, February 07, 2010

1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die



Just picked up the above book on the sale table at the grocery store. I'm intrigued to bry and work my way through it. Bet you can't guess what group is listed first?


Our favorite Swedes, ABBA. Yes, the youngsters know them from the play and movie, "Mama Mia!" But some of us know them from our musical formative years. Love them or hate them now, they were the cat's meow in the mid to late 1970s. The book says their music, "contains refrains so damn giddy they can't be easily purged from the brain."
As I was listening to some of their tunes, I came across one that I've decided shall be my theme song:
"If you change your mind, I'm the first in line
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
If you need me, let me know, gonna be around
If you've got no place to go, if you're feeling down
If you're all alone when the pretty birds have flown
Honey, I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Gonna do my very best and it ain't no lie
If you put me to the test, if you let me try
Take a chance on me."
Stay tuned for more music reviews!

No comments: