Thursday, January 05, 2012

Girl With A Dragon Tattoo (Swedish Version) -- Movie Review

     I read this book series probably a year ago, and I am famous for forgetting the details of what I read. Actually, it is kind of fun when you forget who the bad guy is and get surprised all over again! Having said that, I found this movie to be very good and true to what I remembered of the book. Did you know that the Swedish title can be translated literally as “Men Who Hate Women?” The subtitles didn’t bother me (except that they were a very light color and sometimes hard to read when the movie scene was bright). The actress who played Lisbeth portrayed the edgy, dark and conflicted character very well. The smarmy men were appropriately smarmy. Having read the book first did give some background to the story and characters that was not covered in the movie. Overall, I liked it and I’m looking forward to seeing the American version too.
     By the way, I watched this via streaming video on Amazon for free because I subscribe to Amazon Prime. I’m going to work through their list of free movies, looking for good ones. I’d like to work through the lists of Oscar winners over the past few years but I don’t know if they are available.

No comments: